2013 ApplicationsApplications for the 2013 Award Nominations closed on 25 October. We thank all those who made the effort to apply.
There are three ascilite awards that members can apply for:
- ascilite Life Membership Award
- ascilite Fellowship Award
- ascilite Innovation and Excellence Award
ascilite Life Member AwardsAn ascilite Life Member Award is a prestigious award that recognises the significant service and/or sustained contribution of an ascilite member to the Society. Life Member Awards are the highest recognition of achievement made by ascilite. This award is made only when an appropriate candidate meets the criteria. This means that the award may not be presented every year. More information is available from the Life Member Award Criteria and Life Member Nomination Form.
Current ascilite Life Members are:
- Roger Atkinson
- John Bowden
- Helen Carter
- Bill Chia
- Allan Christie
- Cathy Gunn
- Michael Keppell
- Geraldine Lefoe
- Rob Phillips
- Roderick Sims
ascilite Fellow AwardThe ascilite Fellow Award aims to recognise the outstanding contributions of individual ascilite members in the exemplary use of, and/or research into, technologies for teaching and learning in tertiary education. The nature of these contributions will be in at least one of the following categories:
- Professional mentoring that encourages and supports the exemplary use of technologies for teaching and learning in tertiary education.
- Professional leadership in the development, application or implementation of exemplary technology-related projects for teaching and learning in tertiary education.
- Sustained innovations in practice in the exemplary use of technologies for teaching and learning in tertiary education.
- Quality research in the use of technologies for teaching and learning in tertiary education leading to significant new knowledge and/or understandings.
The Fellow Award can be awarded to the same person more than once; however, the award cannot recognise the same achievement more than once. More information is available from the Fellow Award Criteria and the and Fellow Award Nomination Form.
Previous ascilite Fellow Award Winners
- Associate Professor Barney Dalgarno (2013)
- Professor Gráinne Conole (2012)
- Thomas Cochrane (2011)
- Thomas Reeves (2010)
- Petrea Redmond (2009; Commendation Early Career Award)
- Ron Oliver (2009)
- Geoffrey Crisp (2009)
- Roderick Sims (1995)
ascilite Innovation and Excellence AwardThe ascilite Innovation and Excellence Awards, first introduced in 2011, aim to recognise innovative projects and initiatives undertaken by a team of people in support of the exemplary and research informed use of technologies for teaching and learning in tertiary education. Applications for this award are likely to include:
- Innovative solutions which promote the exemplary and research informed use of technologies for teaching and learning in tertiary education.
- Product development projects which promote the exemplary and research informed use of technologies for teaching and learning in tertiary education.
- Large-scale implementation initiatives which promote the exemplary and research informed use of technologies for teaching and learning in tertiary education.
- Major professional development initiatives which promotes the exemplary and research informed use of technologies for teaching and learning in tertiary education.
More information is available from the Innovation and Excellence Award Criteria and the Innovation and Excellence Award Nomination Form.
Previous ascilite Innovation and Excellence Award Winners2013 - Dr Helen Farley, Australian Digital Futures Institute, University of Southern Queensland, along with Serco Asia Pacific and Queensland Corrective Services for their project "From Access to Success: Improving the higher education learning experience for students without Internet access".
2013 - Simon McIntyre, College of Fine Arts, the University of NSW for his project "COFA Online Resources Lighting Essentials".
2012 - Professor Mike Keppell and Associate Professor Merilyn Childs & Carol Hunter from the Flexible Learning Institute, Charles Sturt University for their project "The Flexible Learning Institute Teaching Fellowship".
2012 - Dr Sandi Shillington, Andrea Mackay, Dr Shelley Paewai and Professor Mark Brown from the Distance Education and Learning Futures Alliance, Massey University for their project "A Student Success Framework: Tools for Distance Learners Over Initial Stages of the Study Lifecycle".
2011 - Simon McIntyre and Karin Watson, The University of New South Wales
Title: Learning to Teach Online Project
Previous ascilite Innovation and Excellence Award Citations2011 – Philip Paasuke, Dr Grace Lynch, Lyn Atkinson, Sachin Dua, Jessica Robertson, Open Universities of Australia
Title: Engaging Learners in Online Discussion (ELOD)
Previous Award Winners from Earlier CategoriesA number of different awards were offered by ascilite prior to the introduction of the 'Innovation and Excellence Awards'. Previous award winners from earlier award categories are listed below:
- 2008 awards
- 2007 awards
- 2006 awards
- 2005 awards
- 2004 awards
- 2003 awards
- 2002 awards
- 2001 awards
- 2000 awards
- 1999 awards
- 1998 awards
- 1997 awards
- 1996 awards